Interesting facts about the arctic tundra:
- The word tundra comes from the Finnish word tunturia.
- The arctic tundra has about 400 varieties of flowers but under 50 animals.
- The tundra biome covers about 20% of the world.
Here are some features about the arctic tundra.
- Extremely cold climate
- Low biotic diversity
- Simple vegetation structure
- Limitation of drainage
- Short season of growth and reproduction
- Energy and nutrients in the form of dead organic material
- Large population oscillations
Next, we have some animals from the tundra:
- Arctic Fox
- Arctic Wolf
- Polar Bear
- Bowhead Whales
- Many Different Seals
Here are tundra plants:
- Arctic Poppy
- Reindeer Moss
- Labrador Tea
- Diamond Fruit Willow
What do you know about the tundra?
One thought on “The Arctic Tundra”
I really like your post. It is a great post about the Tundra. I also know a few things that you left out of your post that I think you know, but you forgot to add it to your tundra post. Well, I know that another plant is sedges. Reindeer and Caribou eat that a lot. I know, that you know that their are puffins and a lot of other birds, bowhead whales, killer whales, narwhals, walruses and a ton of different seals.