Austin City Limits

Welcome to Austin, home of the Longhorns and the largest state capital. (Austin/San Antonio is where I decided to take my annual trip with my mom) This is also where Austin City Limits, or ACL, is held. ACL is a music television show that is watched weekly on PBS. ACL is the longest-running music program in television history, the only television show to have been awarded the Presidential Medal of the Arts, and is, according to Time magazine, one of the 10 most influential music programs of all time. It’s hosted everyone from Willie Nelson to BB King to Foo Fighters. It has also been admitted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. The show’s pilot was shot on October 14, 1974. It starred Willie Nelson, the famous country music artist. ACL helped Austin get the title as “Live Music Capital of the World.” In fact, I also got to go to some live music at Antone’s, a blues nightclub. It began in 1975. Click on the link below.

Antone’s Blues Nightclub

One thought on “Austin City Limits

• 01/19/2017 at 1:26 am
    Permalink

Hi Ethan,
    I thought Antone’s was a cool place to listen to live music. Can you remember the name of the group we watched?
    From, Laura

Reply