On the Plane to NYC

We started our adventure at the Portland International Airport, otherwise known as PDX.  After a quick flight to Seattle, we boarded the flight to Newark. I got to sit in the cockpit for a little, and the pilots gave me a small collection of airplane cards.  I flew over Glacier National Park, Detroit, and Cleveland. At the airport, we looked for our bags but they weren’t there.  They hadn’t made the connection! So we had to buy new clothes for the following day.

In the cockpit with the pilots on Alaska Airlines

My airplane cards with the background of the Empire State Building, the City Hall,

My airplane cards with the background of the Empire State Building, the City Hall, the MetLife building and the US Court of Appeals

o the beast collage

This is the view from our building’s rooftop

4 thoughts on “On the Plane to NYC

• 10/17/2015 at 3:08 am
    Permalink

Dear Ethan,
    Thank you so much for your presentation this morning! I learned so much about New York City. Your blog posts are so inspiring. I was excited to read that you flew over Glacier National Park. Did you know that this park has over 700 miles of trails and is also the home of Grizzly bears who meander in this pristine mountain paradise?
    From,
    Mrs. Fordyce

Reply
  • 10/22/2015 at 2:11 am
    Permalink

Ethan,

You are one well traveled person! Was New York your favorite trip so far? It’s on my “bucket list” for sure!

Reply
    • 10/23/2015 at 2:08 pm
      Permalink

Hi Ms. Vandenhaak,
      I don’t really have a favorite trip because they’re all very different.
      I would keep it on your list of things to do.
      There was so much fun stuff to do there.
      From Ethan

Reply
  • 11/04/2015 at 2:43 pm
    Permalink

Hi Ethan me again I liked your story about how you got the plane cards and the flight.Your parents must have a lot of money.I wish you could make the story longer though.I wonder if you will go look at more National things.

Reply